Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cranberry Orange Muffins

I felt like a little cooking today, so I made a couple of things - Cranberry Orange Muffins and a Quick Mac and Cheese dish.

I used dried cranberries for the muffins. Before I started getting anything together, I put a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes, then when it came out, I added 3/4 cup cranberries to plump them up. For the orange flavor, I used a couple of scoops of frozen orange juice concentrate. I wanted it very orangey.

Orange Cranberry Muffins

Makes 12 muffins

1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup cranberries
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup frozen orange concentrate
1 packet (about 1 tsp) of raw sugar (optional)

Preheat oven 400 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder. Mix egg, milk, oil, and orange concentrate, then add to dry mix bowl. Drain cranberries, then pour into bowl. Stir gently to combine. Lumps are fine, you don't want to over mix the batter.

Spoon into either greased muffin pan or paper muffin cup - 3/4 full. Then, sprinkle the raw sugar lightly over the top.



Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before eating.
I'll post the pasta recipe later. My Grandma just called. I hope that you enjoy your muffins.

No comments: